Friday, August 10, 2012

Beam Me Up!

Happy Friday! It's the weekend and I am happy about it. I started this morning not feelin' it at all. Nope. On my way to work, Cazzette came across my XM radio. I dig Cazzette but can't find them on my beloved Spotify, at least not this song. Anyway, I find myself with this tune cranked to volume level 21, windows down, totally jamming. 

Well, that changed my mood. Amazing how just one song can do that. Isn't that exactly why music is so great? We can all find something that speaks directly to us, something each of us can identify with. I think that is fantastic. A few weeks ago, someone posted an article on Facebook about the highest paid DJ's in the business. "Gross", she commented, "Some people have the worst taste in music." Actually, she doesn't have the same taste as others, and that's okay, it doesn't make my taste bad. Personally I think #7 shouldn't be anywhere near those other guys but someone relates to him and I accept that. I don't particularly like country music but I don't think those fans have bad taste, just different taste. I know EDM fans are very protective of our beloved genre and this mainstream stuff doesn't satisfy the die-hards at all. This genre is getting bigger, most of our hidden gems will be ours forever, nothing wrong with some exposure (Like Rolling Stone magazine). 

My point is, that's the best thing about music. Everyone has a different style and everyone has songs that speak to them. Whether it helps them cry, laugh or dance. Maybe it's attached to a distant memory of love lost. Maybe it's a friendship that has lasted decades. It doesn't matter, music is different for each of us. I think that's pretty cool.

Now, beam me up to a place were we stop being snobs about this and enjoy the fact that we all have a common love, music. On the dance floor, we're all the same. 

Title credit goes to - Beam Me Up (Kill Mode) - Cazzette


No comments:

Post a Comment